Products Return Policy
I. PUBLISHED RETURN POLICY FOR CLOSURES AND CLOSURE-LABELS
Kwik Lok Corporation understands that sometimes products do not fit the needs of our customers for one reason or another. Therefore, when requesting to return products, we ask that you follow the steps outlined below.
- Before you return products:
Most product issues can be resolved by contacting a Kwik Lok Customer Service Representative. Credit will be issued for acceptable product returns. In this event you will need to receive pre-approval and obtain a valid Return Material Authorization (RMA). The RMA number must be issued from the facility that the closures/closure-labels were originally invoiced from.
- No returns will be accepted without a valid RMA
- Return Material Authorizations are valid for 30 days
- Acceptable product returns:
- Products must be returned in resalable condition
- All products must be in original Kwik Lok cartons
- No damaged, partial or open cartons will be accepted
- All shipping documents, correspondence, Bill of Lading and cartons should include the RMA number
- No custom orders, such as pre-printed labels, are refundable other than reasons of defects
- Unless otherwise stated, all returns or exchanges must be shipped prepaid
- Restocking fees and rejected returns:
- All product returns for reasons other than order processing errors or production defects are subject to a 15% restocking fee
- Kwik Lok reserves the right to refuse return shipment of damaged product
- Products arriving at any Kwik Lok factory without pre-approval and an RMA number will be refused and returned to shipper
II. INTERNAL RETURN POLICY FOR CLOSURES AND CLOSURE-LABELS
When contacted by a customer requesting a product return the approval of the RMA must be authorized by the Plant Manager of the facility where the product was manufactured.
The Plant Manager should consult with the appropriate member of the Sales Department and has the authority to:
- Issue or deny the request;
- Reduce or waive the published restocking fee;
- Determine if return shipment is prepaid or collect
The Plant Manager should consider the ability to resale the returned product. Product that exceeds 90 days past its manufacturing date may present a resalable issue since our closures have a one-year shelf life. In addition, returned product could potentially create excess inventory which may then present a timely resalable issue.
If the Plant Manager’s decision is found unacceptable and untenable by the Sales Department the issues is to be reviewed and a determination made by the Management Team and/or CEO.
III. PUBLISHED RETURN POLICY FOR MACHINE AND PARTS
RETURNED MACHINE AND PARTS: All parts or machines returned to Kwik Lok must be pre-approved and issued an RMA number through Customer Service. The RMA number must be on all documents, including the bill of lading and/or cartons. Parts or machines arriving at any Kwik Lok Factory without pre-approval and a RMA number will be refused and returned to shipper.
IV. INTERNAL RETURN POLICY FOR MACHINE AND PARTS
Prior to any products being returned, a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) must be obtained from Kwik Lok Corporation. The RMA number must be issued from the facility that the parts were originally invoiced from.
- Parts returned without an RMA number will be refused and returned at the shipper’s expense
- The RMA number must be clearly marked on the return carton
- All returned parts must be clearly marked with the appropriate Kwik Lok Corporation part number
- Proof of purchase (Kwik Lok Corporation invoice number) must be provided with all returns
- Return for credit will not be allowed if it has been more than 120 days after the original invoice date including items drop-shipped from a distributor’s stock. For distributors, return for credit will not be allowed if it has been more than one year after the original invoice date
- Credit will not be issued for parts returned in excess of, or not listed on the prior approved RMA
- An RMA will not be issued for parts deemed obsolete, special order, non-returnable and non-cancelable items
- All packages must be returned freight prepaid, unless collect freight was approved at the time the RMA was issued
- All risks of loss and/or damage of goods in transit are the responsibility of the customer
- Incorrect parts shipped due to Kwik Lok Corporation’s error are returnable, transportation collect
- Parts rejected by the customer due to a valid quality problem are returnable, transportation collect,for full credit or replacement under the product warranty. Refer to Kwik Lok Corporation’s warranty policy (Engineering Bulletin 13)
- All returns are subject to inspection so as to determine the usability of the parts. Upon completionof the inspection, Kwik Lok Corporation will notify the customer (within 15 days) of the results
- If the parts are determined ineligible for credit or replacement, the customer may elect to have the item(s) returned, freight collect, or discarded by Kwik Lok Corporation and credit will not be issued
- If the parts are determined eligible for credit, it will be issued in the amount of the Kwik LokCorporation invoice less a 20% restocking charge